St Peter’s Residence at Chedoke is a not-for profit 210 bed long term care residence located on the west mountain in Hamilton.
Care and Programs
- Committed care teams that include: nurses, personal support workers; food services; homemakers; therapists; and recreationists.
- Registered staff on-site 24 hours a day.
- Customized care plans developed for each resident. Family involvement in this process is encouraged.
- On-site physicians. Residents have the choice to maintain a relationship with their current physician if the physician is agreeable.
- Secure terrace available for residents with Alzheimer’s or other dementias.
- Daily recreation programs and activities
- Daily menu offering delicious meals with substantial variety and choice.
- Wellness Centre for therapy and rehabilitation.
- Active volunteer program.
- Spiritual Care & Interdenominational services.
- The Community Care Access Centre (CCAC) is responsible for determining if a person requires long-term care services. They authorize all admissions into St. Peter’s Residence at Chedoke and can be contacted by calling (905) 523-8600.
- St. Peter’s works very closely with the CCAC and looks at every person’s unique situation to ensure that their needs can be met. Planning a move to a long-term care residence can often be challenging for residents and their families St. Peter’s is pleased to help guide you through the process and provide any assistance you may require. We look forward to having the opportunity to work with you.
- Private Room: large room with private bathroom
- Standard Room: shared room with shared bathroom
- Rates are determined by the Ontario Government, are the same for all long-term care facilities and differ depending on the type of room. The “co-payment” for a standard room can be subsidized depending on the person’s income. This sliding scale is determined by the Government and we will work with you to determine if you are eligible for a reduction.*
Recreation at the Residence
St. Peter’s Residence offers an inviting range of daytime, evening, and weekend recreation programs. Upon admission, each resident is individually assessed and asked (with the family input where required) to identify their social history and leisure interests. The recreation team works with each resident and plans programs based on individual interests, needs and abilities.
The goal of our programs is to maintain and enhance the cognitive, physical, social, and emotional wellness of our residents and improve their quality of life on a daily basis. We encourage and welcome family members to participate in the many programs and special events offered, and also welcome program suggestions from residents and family members.
St.Peter’s Residence has an active Resident Council and Family Council. Members of both councils work to advocate for and support care and services at St.Peter’s Residence and Long Term Care Sector. For more information, please see Family Council page or call 905-383-0448.