“My mother was reluctant to move to Long Term Care. The staff have made her feel comfortable living here and we feel much better about this choice”~ Family Member of St. Peter’s Resident
“Mom has many social activities to choose from and we love participating with her when we can”~ Family Member of St. Peter’s Resident
“I enjoy being involved on the Residents Council and making decisions”~ St. Peter’s Resident
“My family can visit with me in many different places at St. Peter’s”~ St. Peter’s Resident
Welcome to St. Peter’s Residence at Chedoke, located on the west mountain in Hamilton.
At St. Peter’s Residence we provide a home-like environment for all our residents and family members with special attention to high quality, person centred care. Whether you prefer to socialize in our café, enjoy regular entertainment, or participate in our many recreation programs, there is something for you at St. Peter’s. Our highly trained staff deliver care and services in a way that meets individual needs and preferences.
St. Peter’s is a Best Practice Spotlight Organization (BPSO)
What is a BPSO anyway? Best Practice Spotlight Organizations (BPSOs) are health-care and academic organizations selected by the Registered Nurses’ Association of Ontario (RNAO) to implement and evaluate the RNAO’s best practice guidelines. St. Peter’s is committed to continuous quality improvement and is thrilled to work in partnership with the RNAO to ensure the advancement and delivery of best practices in the health care sector.
- The development of enhanced knowledge related to utilizing and implementing a BPG
- Review and revision of existing programs related to Falls, Restraints and Pain
- To increase awareness and prevention of abuse to ensure the safety of the residents
- To share knowledge and learn from peers for the improvement of nursing services within the long term care sector
- To engage the staff through BPG implementation and to build capacity within the home
- To review the current selection of nursing quality indicators that are reviewed quarterly and ensure that they are aligned with the implementation of BPGs
- To build upon the existing quality platform and continuously evaluate and improve programs, policies and processes for better outcomes for residents, families and staff
“I just love being able to share my knowledge and skills with my colleagues so that together we can make sure we provide the best care possible to all our residents.”~ Ashley Lishman (St Peter’s Staff)
“You have very caring staff who understand that so many of the residents are fully dependent on them”~ Family Member of St. Peter’s Resident
“There are lots of activities here and I have made new friends”~ St. Peter’s Resident
“I am a member of the food committee and I really like trying the new options”~ St. Peter’s Resident