The St. Peter’s Difference
Person Centred Service
At St. Peter’s we care for our residents as we would our own family. We understand that each person is unique and ensure care is delivered in a way that meets individual needs and preferences. St. Peter’s team of health care professionals deliver customized care plans developed for each resident. We have a dedicated team of on-site physicians and care professionals who work together to provide a full range of health services.
Our Approach to Quality Care
Committed Care Teams
Our multi-disciplinary care teams include:
- Responsible for planning and coordinating care to meet individual resident needs.
- Nurse Practitioner
- Looks after the medical care of residents in collaboration with the physician.
- Looks after the medical care of residents, just like your family physician.
- Personal Support Worker
- Assists residents in daily activities, including dressing, grooming, bathing and eating.
- Coming Soon.
- Food Service Worker
- Responsible for preparing and serving delicious and nutritious meals on a daily basis.
- Maintains a clean environment and ensures proper care of residents’ laundry.
- Occupational Therapist
- Coming Soon
- Recreation Programmer
- Coordinates programs that are fun, therapeutic and individualized.
- Coordinates individual spiritual care and corporate worship services.
- Music Therapist
- Coming Soon.
- Social Worker
Our registered staff are on-site 24 hours a day, ensuring resident needs are met. Customized care plans are developed for each resident, reflecting their individual needs and preferences. We believe partnering with family members where possible elevates the overall level of care and creates a stable support system.
Our Services Also include:
- Secure terrace available for residents with Alzheimer’s or other dementias.
- Daily recreation programs and activities
- Daily menu offering delicious meals with substantial variety and choice.
- Wellness Centre for therapy and rehabilitation.
- Active volunteer program.
- Spiritual Care & Interdenominational services.
- Full service Hair Salon
- Foot Care
- Dental Services
St. Peter’s Residence is CARF Accredited. CARF provides accreditation services worldwide at the request of health and human service providers. St. Peter’s has met the rigorous standards established and evaluated by CARF demonstrating commitment to delivering the highest quality service to our residents.
Recreation, Events and Activities
Stay Busy and Active
St. Peter’s Residence offers an inviting range of daytime, evening, and weekend recreation programs. Upon admission, each resident is individually assessed and asked (with the family input where required) to identify their social history and leisure interests. The recreation team works with each resident and plans programs based on individual interests, needs and abilities.
Nutrition and Dining
- Residents are encouraged to take their meals in our spacious dining rooms as meal times are a great opportunity for social connections etc.
- Each terrace in the home has its own dining room, allowing residents to get to know one another
- We provide 3 meals per day with 2 choices available (i.e. ham or beef) along with healthy snacks between mealtimes
- Peter’s has partnered with Nutraservices to provide home cooked meals daily
- We have an on-site Dietitian who works with the Nutrition Managers to ensure all residents receive appropriate nutrition. Meal plans are customized when needed to meet individual needs.
St Peter’s Residence at Chedoke is a not-for profit 210 bed long term care residence located on the west mountain in Hamilton. Our space is designed to encourage impromptu meeting of friends and family, whether in the common gathering space or at Arrabella’s Café. We strive to create a home-like environment where everyone is welcome and feels comfortable.
- Private Room: large room with private bathroom
- Standard Room: shared room with shared bathroom
Add virtual tour, photos and our suite layouts.